Sunday, February 15, 2009

Eat Fresh!


I went to Subway tonight... I need to lay off the Chinese. As I was about to pay for my order I noticed the sign that said “ONLY CASH NO CARDS TODAY”. I went to Subway because I did not have cash on me....the true reason for not getting Chinese. As I was about to leave to run to the ATM… the brotha behind me offered to pay for my sandwich.

Me “Thank you, but it’s okay. I will just go and get cash.”

Man “It’s okay I got it.”

Me “Are you sure?”

Man “It’s only a 5 dollar footlong….”

With that he bought my sandwich… told me to have a wonderful night and we went our separate ways.

As I was walking home I could not help but to smile… it’s not often people do nice things for you… let alone strangers. I did not have to give him my number or engage in an awkward flirting session. And it’s sad that we are programmed to think that when a guy is being nice… he has ulterior motives. What’s worse is that this kind act shocked me so. We live in a world where we are conditioned to do for ourselves and not expect help…. or kindness for that matter.

When I got home I threw my keys on my nightstand. They landed next to my wallet. WHOOPS! I didn’t have a way to pay for my sandwich anyway! "God is good all the time and all the time God is good!"
(Don't a free meal always taste better!)

No comments: