Sunday, February 8, 2009

Train Drama

Photo credit: Charreah Jackson. Mark Anthony for the movie edit LOL


At 11pm I was leaving Ruby Tuesdays in Times Square to get one the 3 train. When the train doors opened there was a drunk man… passed out…. stretched out on the floor. Everyone shifted to one side of the car… leaving many seats vacant.

Dude was knocked out and harmless. I was not standing all the way back uptown. Another girl felt me on that so we stepped over the man and took a seat. That’s when this scary man blocks the car doors and signals to the police.

The police came and yelled for the drunkard to get up. He was too gone and could not form a word. Passengers became irate… one thing about New Yorkers… NO PATIENCE.

Woman “Who the f*&^% got the cops! This is New York people! If the police were called every time there was someone passed out on the train WE WOULD NEVER GET ANYWHERE!” (valid point)

Man “I GOT THE COPS… WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO RIDE LIKE THIS!”

Woman “THEN MOVE OUT MY CITY!” (I swear… the world is nothing but a giant 8th grade)

Man “WHAT IF SOMETHING WAS REALLY WRONG WITH HIM!” (another valid point)

Woman “GOOD THING THERE ARE F*&^kn sumira-TANS (translation Samaritans) LIKE YOU LEFT IN THIS CITY! I FEEL SOOOOO MUCH SAFER!”

Man “YOU ARE CRAZY!!!!” (I knew what she was going to say next)

Woman “I GOT YO CRAZY!!!!!!!!” (that line never fails)

Another officer gets on to calm everyone down

Woman “We could have almost been home by now!”

Officer “We are getting him off the train… then you all can continue your evening. We need your cooperation.”

The woman got quiet…. I wonder if it was because she noticed what I did… this officer was kind of on the fine side. I have a feeling she got off the train and went to holla… cause when we got moving… she was gone! (Guess she realized Valentines Day was approaching)

-Sigh-….It’s days like this I miss my car………

No comments: