Thursday, February 5, 2009

Everyday I'm Hustlin, Everyday I'm Hustlin



Today I decided to do some window shopping at Urban Outfitters in Union Square. Just as I was coming up from the train I was approached by some little kids.

Kid “Want a fruit rollup?” (How did he know I have a weakness for fruity chewy candies?)

Me “Sure, how much?”

Kid “2 for 2 bucks!”

Me “So… one for $1”

Kid “No… you have to buy 2”

Me “Do you realize I can go buy a box of fruit rollups for like $2.75… and 8-12 come in a box?”

Kid “No”

I saw I was going to have to hip some kids to game… this is why they needed to be in SCHOOL and not on the street selling candy.

Me “How many have you sold?”

Kid “Not a lot” (he was oh so sad)

Me “Try selling one for 75 cents…. most people will hand you a buck and then they will feel better receiving change. You will still make a pretty nice profit. The economy has people tripped out… so they are unlikely to want to purchase fruit rollups in groups of 2 for $2. So let’s try it! Go up to that lady over there with the Uggs and big purse…. people who wear those ugly expensive shoes can afford a fruit rollup… just make sure it says “Uggs” on the side and not “Air Walk” or something.”

Kid “Excuse me would you like to buy a fruit rollup for 75 cents?”

Lady “Sure, why not!”

I winked at the kids and went on my way. I was proud of my good deed… helping the kids hustle.

No comments: