Thursday, February 12, 2009

I'm Sick and Tired of Being.... TIRED!




The time is now 3:35 am and I am not an angry black woman, but an IRATE black woman. I have a huge day today and the 300 lb man and his pet elephant that live upstairs have decided to play a game of one on one… but instead of a basketball, they are using a shot put. I am now in the living room listening to the R&B station on the TV to drown out the sounds. But I’m really not feeling the late night groves of Luther and Tony Tony Tone… I’d rather be in my OWN bed!

I have no idea who lives above me other than the fact that they are loud as hell no matter what time of day. Last night they decided to pull out the leaf blower and early this morning I was awakened once again by their harmonica…. Stevie Wonder they are not. About 5 min ago I was going to march on up there and ask them kindly to shut the fuck up, but then common sense kicked in. This is NY… who knows what I would be walking into.

People have NO courtesy. Yesterday I decided to go see “He’s Just Not That Into You.” Like most sista’s, I have hips. There is nothing worse than being on the train and another thick hipped sista sits next to you (especially when the car is full of available seats). Now we are in the seat sitting tighter than the face that is Vivica Fox. I thought I was going to have to rub Crisco between us to get out!

Once in the theater I had to move seats not once, not twice, but THREE times. The first couple I was sitting by… they were trying to make a baby once the movie started. …. GROSS. I moved… and the females behind me wanted to chit chat about their personal relationships during the film. I moved. The next seat felt wet… so I moved. Finally a perfect seat! That’s when dude behind me decided to go in mad hard on his popcorn! Crunching all extra hard like it was manna from GOD. I had ENOUGH!

Me “Yo SON???!!!” (I starred him down like you would a 5 year old cutting up in church)

He quieted down and I was finally able to enjoy the movie. Like I said… What’s up with the courtesy these days?

I am now beating on my ceiling with the broom. Stay tuned, this might get interesting…………………

No comments: